HomeWhat to Expect
What to Expect
We welcome guests to our rehearsals
Triad A Cappella Connection is always looking for women who enjoy singing and would like
to participate in a group such as ours. In order to get a good
understanding of Sweet Adelines and our chorus, we encourage our guest
singers to visit several times so they can have a chance to "try it out"
before they make a commitment. You don't have to be a "solo" singer,
but you need to be able to "carry a tune." If you don't read music,
you'll be able to learn your part from learning CDs, and you'll get lots of
support from the music team, our director, and other members.
- Physical warm-ups begin at 7:00 pm and vocal warm-ups will follow.
- Rehearsal begins after that. The content depends on upcoming
- A short business meeting concludes the evening by 9:30 or 10:00 pm.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes as we stand on risers for most of
- The director will work with you to determine the best voice-part for
you, and she will
place you beside a member who sings the same voice-part as yours.
- Guests are given music to use during your visits.
- Guests are invited to join the chorus on the risers, but we don't
expect you to be able to sing every note with us at first.
- You may want to bring water or you may purchase bottled water from
- We ask that you not wear strongly scented perfume or hairspray as some ladies are
very sensitive to such fragrances.
We hope you enjoy your visit and want to return for more!